Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The New Me


I am not the person I was before
That person is Gone!
The one who cared what others thought of her.
The person who thought about future plans,
She's gone!
The person who loved doing her hair,
and going to the nail shop,
The one who had lunch with her friends,
and planned weekend trips with her husband,
She's gone!
The one who took her place is much diffrent:
She doesnt make plans
She refuses to think of the future
She has very few friends because she knows not everyone sticks around.
She's scared to say aloud her true feelings and thoughts,
Not because of what others might think,but because of what she herself might think.
The new Me cries way too much!Way more than the Me that left.
She feels way more emotions and has way more fears.
She questions God's plans alot,even though she knows he knows best.
Her heart breaks everyday,
Her vallies are deeper and her storms brutal.
My whole world has flipped upside down,
My days of sunshine are few in between,How much more will my heart break??
As I stand and watch my whole world become unravled,
I still have a grain of faith that God does have a plan.
I still believe only he gives me peace.
If that didnt exist I would hold nothing,
No hope,
No peace,
Nothing but heartache,
and sadness.
As I sit here now,I wait for my small ray of sunshine....
Thats all thats left to do.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautifully written, Amy. I know this cry comes from the deepest wound in your heart. Sending you big (((HUGS))) dear friend. Hold to that peace that will get you through like no one else can.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones